Here’s a list of skills you need to inculcate to set yourself up for the New Year, decade and beyond (and no, you can’t learn this in school):
15 minutes every day. For the rest of your life. Start today.
2. Turn your brain ON and OFF
Rinse and repeat.
3. How to spot fake news
4. How to spot a liar
5. Personal finance, investing, and basic taxes
6. Telling interesting stories and persuasion
8. Learning to fight
Pick a martial art that’s used in competition.
Boxing / BJJ / MMA.
Everything else is full of bullshit “techniques” that don’t really work outside of the dojo.
9. Learning to dress up and dress down
11. Fitness, Health, and Nutrition
You should ideally hire a personal trainer, but if you can’t afford one, you should check out this book.
If you want some free programs, check out scooby’s workshop.
12. Learning to sell online / Copywriting
13. Learning to control your emotional state
15. Public speaking
Look for a Toastmasters club near your residence.
17. The art of writing
Provocative and persuasive.
Legal and formal.
Friendly and warm.
18. Coding and Computer Programming
19. Becoming anti-fragile
21. Learning to read body language and non-verbal communication
22. Learning to say NO
23. Brainwashing yourself and self-delusion
24. Touch Typing (especially if you’re in creative endeavors)
I used Key-br to teach myself. It’s free.
25. Learning to maintain your privacy online
26. Learning game theory and effective decision making
27. Learning how to cook basic dishes
28. Learning to motivate yourself (and other people)
Pick any two to three from the above and attack them in each quarter of the year.
You’ll see how different you become in a year or two (people won’t recognize you anymore).
Feel free to comment below if you think you can add to this list!
Hope this helps,
References: This article is based upon a similar article written by Mike Cernovich, who ran a now defunct blog called “Danger and Play”.