The most significant improvement you can make to your health and personal life is to lose the extra weight.
Being fat sucks. Being called “cute” and “healthy” when they really mean “chubby” sucks.
Being obese, like it or not, limits career opportunities, damages your reputation, lowers your confidence and self-esteem, damages your knees, damages your entire body, all its systems and organs; and messes up hormone regulation. However, you already know that which is why you’re reading this page.
I’ve been fat, and I’ve been fit. I like bring fit far more.
Here’s a tl;dr:
- EAT HEALTHY
That’s all it comes down to.
In more detail:
This part is difficult for most people. But don’t worry; I’ll guide you through it.
It comes down to reducing how much you eat (nothing helps you lose weight as much as eating less food) and eating healthy foods *only*.
- Eat fewer meals: Consider skipping a meal, preferably breakfast. Eat only 2x a day instead of your normal 3x – this will ensure that you consume fewer calories through your day and will help you lose fat quickly.
- Chew your food properly: Fat people tend not to chew their food enough. They don’t realize how much they have eaten. It takes a while for the brain to realize that the stomach is full, and chewing fills in the time. Chewing ensures that enough saliva is mixed with the food. This aids digestion and absorption of nutrients. I cannot stress this enough. If you don’t chew your food properly, your body won’t be able to absorb most of the nutrients.
- Eat healthy foods ONLY: Don’t eat foods that are bad for you. Not one time a day, not one time a week, not one time a month. No cheat days, not until you’ve achieved your desired level of fitness. Cheat days destroy your momentum. If you eat 200 calories less for 6 days and eat 1200 extra calories on day 7, you’ve effectively reversed the whole week of improvement. Have some willpower. You CAN DO IT. People of weaker will than you have done it, and people fatter than you have done it. Just believe in yourself.
Foods you should eat Foods to avoid • Meat
• Milk and other dairy products
(including butter and cottage cheese)
• Fats and Oils
• Lots of Water
• Trans Fats
• Overly Processed foods
• Chips and other deep fried products
• "Low-Fat" and "Diet" products
• Vegetable oil
• Soft Drinks
• Artificial Sweeteners
• Margarine (fake butter)
• If you're a man: Anything made from soybean
- Eat from a smaller plate: Research has shown that simply switching to smaller plates subconsciously makes people eat smaller portions and save the extra on calories.
- Don’t drink your calories: Soft drinks, ready-made milkshakes, and other drinks are full of sugar (or worse: high fructose corn syrup) and don’t fill your stomach. Especially alcohol. Do your liver the favor. It’s very easy to consume 250 calories in a minute with drinks that don’t fill you up one bit. The only drink you should be drinking is water. Which brings me to…
- Drink 4 – 6 liters of water: Water is the perfect drink to fill up on: it has precisely zero calories AND it fills up your stomach. Most people are constantly dehydrated. I recommend keeping a bottle of water next to your bed and drinking a glass first thing in the morning.
- Sleep 8 hours a day: Most people under-sleep. Getting proper sleep will help you by regulating your metabolic cycle and your hormones. This will do wonders for your overall health and muscle tone, and help you lose fat.
- Eat high-protein foods: This is extremely extremely extremely important. You should eat HIGH PROTEIN foods. Remember, ALWAYS HIGH PROTEIN.
- Drink coffee: Boosts metabolism. Keeps you alert. Need I elaborate?
- Breathe Right: Burn your fat away with your breath. Breathe in deep and with your stomach. Ancient Wisdom. Improves metabolism and calmness.
This article has been continued in Part 2: Exercise.